The HEDU was given a mandate to provide developmental advocacy on behalf of BCC, ETTC, and SJPP, with a view to:
- assist the institutions in their alignment with international best practices;
- ensure that the Ministry’s objectives for higher education are being realised across the three institutions;
- function as the Ministry’s oversight unit relative to the execution of the annual programme of the three institutions;
- facilitate expansion relative to increasing access to students currently denied admission;
- facilitate overall programme growth across the three institutions;
- facilitate the expansion of the ICT capability across the three institutions; and
- collaborate with the institutions to develop growth strategies and set clear development targets.