This year the 6th International Conference on Higher Education (ICHE) coordinated by the HEDU under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, Technological and Vocational Training. The primary objective of this conference is to showcase emerging local, regional and international research that can enhance policy and practice at all levels. We traditionally engage the many facets of multi-disciplinary education to provide an impactful professional development opportunity for our educators. Our theme this year:
“Modern Education and Economic Stimulation: Innovation, Praxis and Sustainability.”
This theme recognises the intersection of the widest definitions of the education sector from the technical and vocational, to nursery and primary, to tertiary and professional education. The conference deliberations will seek to answer questions pertaining to how the structure of our education system can positively impact the current economic strain and how practice and preparation in our classrooms are reflected in the sustainability of the institutions.
Venue: Barbados Hilton Resort, St. Michael - UNESCO World Heritage Site
The conference agenda generally attracts a total of about 300 local, regional and international stakeholders per day. The conference begins with an opening ceremony on Sunday, October 28, 2018. Followed by three days interaction which:
- Provide research-based and practical strategies that address emerging best practices across the education landscape.
- Provide varying viewpoints by multiple presents on specific issue(s).
- Facilitate interaction and dialogue among delegates and demonstrate practical application in a solution research presentations, panel discussions.
- Provide the opportunity for graduate students and secondary students to share in a dynamic learning environment.
Guidelines for Call for Papers Submission:
- Abstracts may be submitted to email@example.com
- Abstracts are still being received and approved on a rolling basis.
- Preference will be given to early submissions.
- Presenters whose proposals are accepted will be notified immediately.
- Presenters whose proposals are accepted must submit a full paper
by September 15, 2018 to be published as part of the conference proceedings.
- Proposal abstracts should not exceed 200 words and be accompanied by a bio-sketch of approximately 75 words.
- The Programme Committee reserves the right to combine similar proposals into special panel sessions.
- Registration - Register Online Here
- All presenters selected by the Programme Committee must complete the confirmation form - Confirm Here
- Registration for Barbadian nationals is $150 USD.
- Registration fee for CARICOM Nationals $200 USD.
- Registration fee for Non CARICOM Nationals $400 USD.
- Presenters pay 50% of the requisite registration fee.
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers and administrators of all schools.
- Staff, instructors and professors from post-secondary institutions.
- Researchers, innovators, philanthropists and entrepreneurs.
- Graduate Students, students specialising in the educational sector.
- The conference will be held at the Hilton Barbados Resort.
- October 28-31, 2018 Daily Sessions begin at 8:00 am.
- The Opening Ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
- There is an island tour scheduled for Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 1:00 pm.
- Post Conference Workshop November 1
- Contact Mrs Cheryl Gibson at (246)-535-4050/52/53 or at the conference email above